ABOUT US & HISTORY
[/mp_heading] [/mp_span] [/mp_row] [mp_row] [mp_span col="12"] [mp_text margin="20,none,none,none"]
The Mosquito Creek Sportsmen's Association was developed on May 26, 1946 at the Frenchville Church Pavilion. At that time, there were 40 members who paid a $2 initiation fee and a $1 annual due. Naming the club came from the one element of the local outdoor world which could be a common binder. Thus the name "Mosquito Creek" the area's premier trout stream.
- The goal of the club is to form a body of men, women, and youth who are interested in the outdoor sports of hunting, fishing, rifle matches, trap shoots, and general conversation.
- To encourage active participation in all the things that have to do with participating sports of the outdoors and community betterment.
- To assist in all ways possible in the training of the youth in the use of firearms and the sportsmen's code of conduct.
- To teach organization and cooperation.
- To co-operate with other organizations when desirable and to affiliate with them on certain projects for the good of our wildlife and cooperation efforts.