2017 COYOTE HUNT RULES AND REGULATIONS
HUNT ON FEB. 17, 18, & 19, 2017
Registrations in person at club trailer on
Nov. 12 & 13, 19 & 20
Dec. 10 & 11, 17 & 18
Jan. 14 & 15, 28 & 29
Feb. 4 & 5, 11 & 12
12 PM - 4 PM
Feb. 16, 10 AM - 11:59 PM
Please note: some changes have been made to the
Coyote Hunt Rules and Regulations.
1. No registrations will be taken during the hunt. The hunt will officially begin at 12:01 AM., Friday, February 17, 2017 and will end at 4:00 PM. on Sunday, February 19, 2017.
2. Registration Fee will be $10:00, of which $8.00 will go toward cash prizes to successful hunters and $2.00 toward administration costs. If you wish to register for the largest female coyote contest, it will cost an extra $2.00. All money collected for female registration will be paid back as prize money.
3. Each participant must be registered for this hunt. When hunting in groups, each member of the group must be registered, or the entire group will be disqualified. Any club member can register other members at the club's scheduled in-person registrations by presenting absent member's current (2017) membership card and the $10.00 registration Fee.
4. Each participant must be a current (2017) member of the Mosquito Creek Sportsmen's Association. Membership applications may be made at the same time as the Coyote Hunt registrations.
5. Coyotes must be killed during the days and times of the scheduled hunt.
6. Participants must possess a valid hunting license or fur-taker license. Participant's said license will be checked when they bring in a coyote to be weighed.
7. During the scheduled Coyote Hunt, coyotes may be hunted in any county in Pennsylvania.
8. Calls and dogs may be used during the hunt, HOWEVER EACH HUNTER WILL BE ALLOWED TO REGISTER ONLY THREE COYOTES. The first three tagged coyotes will be the ones to be counted. EACH HUNTER MUST REGISTER HIS/HER COYOTE(S) KILLED IN PERSON.
9. The Mosquito Creek Sportsmen's Association reserves the right to have an autopsy performed on any animal presented at the hunt if it is believed the animal was penned, trapped or taken illegally. Several wildlife biologists and a veterinarian will be available to enforce this regulation. ALL ANIMALS WILL BE TAGGED THRough THE BACK LEG.
10. Mosquito Creek Sportsmen's Association reserves the right to polygraph any registered hunter. HUNTERS UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT BY REGISTERING AND PARTICIPATING IN THE HUNT, THEY AGREE TO UNDERGO POLYGRAPH TESTING IF REQUESTED BY THE ASSOCIATION. Polygraph questions will be limited to those necessary to assure the accuracy of the results and te registrant's entitlement to prize money. refusal to submit to and fully cooperate in the administration of a polygraph test shall result in the automatic disqualification of the registrant. Any hunter who fails the polygraph test will be permanently disqualified from this hunt and all future coyote hunts. Said hunter's mosquito creek sportsmen's club membership will also be revoked for life. Polygraph examinations will be held at mosquito creek sportsmen's club on sunday, february 19th at 6:00 pm following the hunt. if for any reason a hunter fails to cooperate with msca in the administration of the polygraph examination they will be suspended from the hunt for a period of at least one year, but not to exceed three years, pending a board decision.